Thursday, August 30, 2007

Goodbye eBay....Hello Flash!


eBay was a short lived experiment that ended early because I wasn't able to get Sunday's off. It was unfortunate because I liked the people there and I got to hang out with one of my best friends all the time at work... but it wasn't worth the sacrifice.

So, I have now replaced eBay with the Utah Flash! My official title is "Account Executive" but really that's just a glorified name for Season Ticket salesman. I call businesses and see if they are interested in getting tickets for the upcoming season.

The Utah Flash are an NBA-Development League team that will be playing it's games at the McKay Events Center (UVSC). They are affiliated with the Utah Jazz and Boston Celtics. It has been lots of fun learning a new skill (the skill of not being "one of those" salesman). I get to talk to people about basketball all day long and I work with lots of great people. They also gave me a laptop and cell phone, which is cool.

So, anyway, things have been going well. Emma is growing like crazy and starting to stand up next to things. She has also learned how to wave. She is very friendly and willing to wave at anything from Tasha and I to a cup or the TV. She has a very happy and fun personality and it's amazing to see her develop. She has a great example in Tasha as they get to spend all day together. My number one role with Emma has been adding that touch of craziness to her day and getting her really excited about absurd things like rice cereal with bananas (honestly, they aren't very good, but she doesn't know that yet).

No comments: